Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to commonly asked questions from barber shop experts.
How much does a barber shop haircut cost at your Grand Ledge barbershop ?
A barber shop haircut at Jude’s Barbershop Grand Ledge varies by the type of haircut you want. Jude’s Barbershop Grand Ledge has a great selection of men’s haircuts and boys haircuts for you to choose from. Our most popular haircuts are:
- Damn Good Haircut
- Jude’s Haircut
- Men’s Haircut
- Wise Guy Haircut
- Boys Haircut
Our Grand Ledge barbers/stylists, who are in higher demand because of their advanced knowledge and skills, charge more than our basic prices.
What other service do you offer ?
In addition to traditional barber shop services like haircuts and shaves, Jude’s Barbershop Grand Ledge also offers:
- Beard Trim and Shaping (simple to complex)
- Mustache Trims and Shaping (simple to complex)
- Straight Razor Face Shaves
- Straight Razor Neck Shaves
- Straight Razor Head Shave
- Scalp Treatment
- Men’s Facial Treatment (Hangover Treatment)
- Grey Blending Color Service (take some years off)
- Waxing – Ears, nose, eyebrows
- Boys Haircuts
How to choose a barber shop near me ?
Choosing a barber shop near you comes down to what you’re comfortable with:
- Does the barber shop have a good vibe?
- Do the barbers and stylists seem friendly and welcoming?
- Do their barbers and stylists seem capable, and do they have a lot of experience?
- Do their prices fit your price range?
- How are their reviews?
- What do your male friends (with great haircuts) recommend?
- Check out the barber shop nearest to you and see if you like it. Ask a few questions.
- Is the barber shop near you close to your home or work?
- Does the barber shop offer the services you’re looking for?
What are different types or technique of men's haircuts ?
There are may types and techniques of men’s haircuts:
- Buzz Cut – basic military haircut that is very short with the same length over your entire head using clippers and a one guard.
- Crew Cut – top of the head cut short but longer than the sides and back.
- Fade Haircut and Taper Haircuts – hair is longer on top with the sides and back tapered into the skin.
- High and Tight – a military variant of a crew cut with the sides and back of the head shaved to the skin.
- Flat Top – hair at the top of the head is cut to form a flat profile.
How much do you tip for a barber shop haircut in Grand Ledge MI ?
Always tip based on the service you receive. If the service was amazing, more. If the service was less than, less. The average tip ranges from 20% to 30%. All of our barbers and stylists love what they do, and when they are offered a tip based on the service they provided, it lets them know how they did.
How is a barber shop different than a hair salon ?
Barber Shops specialize in mens haircuts and boys haircuts and other barber shop services; hot towel shaves, beard trims, mustache trims, etc. Our barbers and stylists work on male haircuts all day every day, so they are very good at it. Salons specialize in women’s hair and occasionally provide a guy’s haircut. Salons also have the perm and nail service smells, which can be toxic.
What questions should you ask when choosing a barber shop in Grand Ledge Michigan ?
Asking great questions when visiting or calling a barber shop can help you determine if its the right barber shop for you. For your convenience, we’ve included most of these answers on our website. When choosing a barbershop, always ask these important questions.
- What barbershop services do you offer?
- What are your hours?
- Do you take appointments?
- What do you charge for a haircut?
- What types of payment methods do you accept?
- Can you provide the type of haircut I’m looking for?
- Has your barbershop won any awards?
- When is your next opening for a men’s haircut?